Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Delicious Black Bean Burritos

Delicious Black Bean Burritos

***I originally found this recipe on allrecipes.com. I did make some minor changes--I added 1/2 can of mild green chilies instead of the jalapeño peppers, added more garlic,some chili powder, and canned diced tomatoes (it makes it not as dry). I also added some extra cheddar cheese when rolling them in the tortillas. I served along with Spanish rice and it sure was yummy! It helps to have great flour tortillas too...We had some awesome tortillas brought up by Craig's parents. As my meat loving husband pointed out, this would also be great with pulled pork.:)***

INGREDIENTS
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 small onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 teaspoons minced jalapeño peppers
6 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
DIRECTIONS
Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through. Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Place onion, bell pepper, garlic and jalapenos in skillet, cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour beans into skillet, cook 3 minutes stirring.
Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet with salt. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir cilantro into mixture. Spoon mixture evenly down center of warmed tortilla and roll tortillas up. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Someone else who likes this one. My bro-in-law is a vegetarian and they made this for us. I fell in love with it but every time I make it, since no one in my family likes it, I have to serve bean and cheese burritos from the microwave for everyone else and then I have leftovers for myself for almost two weeks! I wonder if my husband would like it if I added your minor changes....

Tecia said...

Naners, we made this last week and really liked it. We ate the leftovers for lunch for a few days and Ty said it tasted great even microwaved later. Thanks for sharing.

Lindsey Lundeen Crosland said...

I made these last night for Bryan and I, then took the leftovers for lunch today! it was delicious! I can't wait to try more of your recipes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails