Thursday, September 17, 2009

Vanilla Pudding Cinnamon Rolls

Found the recipe here. These are delicious and so easy to make.



Rolls:

½ cup warm water
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
3 ½ ounce package instant vanilla pudding
½ cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
6+ cups flour

Filling:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon
In a small bowl combine water, yeast and sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside. In large bowl, take pudding mix and prepare according to package directions. Let set in fridge for 5 minutes.

To the pudding, add butter, eggs and salt. Mix well. Then add yeast mixture. Blend. Gradually add flour; knead until smooth. Do not overflour the dough! It should be very soft but not sticky. (I think I ended up having to use 6 1/2 c. flour. Otherwise it's too hard to roll out.) Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled.
Punch down dough gently and split into 2 sections. Roll out one section at a time on floured board. Make a rectangle that is 18 X 21 inches in size. Take 1/2 cup soft butter and spread over surface. (I didn't say this was healthy!) In bowl, mix 2 cups brown sugar and 4 teaspoons cinnamon. Sprinkle half of mixture over the top. Roll up the short side very tightly (this way you'll get bigger rolls with LOTS of swirly-ness on the inside). With knife put a notch every 1 1/2 inches. Cut with a serrated knife. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet 1 inch apart (12 on a sheet). Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover rolls and let rise until double again (probably 20-30 minutes in the oven).

Bake at 350 degrees for about 13-15 minutes. Remove before they start to turn golden (don’t overbake). Frost warm rolls with the following cream cheese frosting. Makes about 28 very large rolls.



Cream Cheese Frosting:

8 ounces cream cheese
½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups confectioner’s sugar
3 tablespoons milk

Combine butter and cream cheese and mix well. Add vanilla and sugar and mix again. Then add milk for desired consistency.

1 comment:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Hi! My name is Alyssa...

I must admit that I am totally guilty of blog-stalking!! Both your cute family blog (since I also live in good ole' SA) and Dish Delish! Anyway, I had to laugh when I saw that you posted this recipe and the asparagus bowtie pasta one. I'm the owner of Cooking a la Mode, and I think I did a double-take when I found a link to my own blog from a stranger's! Glad you enjoyed the cinnamon rolls though...They really are so yummy!

Anyway, just wanted to say HELLO!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails