I needed to use up some more strawberries this week and found this recipe. LOVED it! I've never tried a strawberry banana bread before, but I'm glad I gave it a try...YUM!!
* 2 cups plain flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
* 3 mashed bananas
* 1 cup chopped strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
3. In another bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugars. Then add in the eggs, vanilla, sour cream and mashed bananas and mix thoroughly. Stir in the chopped strawberries.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, stirring well as you go.
5. Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and bake on 350F for around 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the loaf pan before removing and placing on a wire cooling rack to cool fully.