- 8 oz linguine
1/3 cup low-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tsp. chile paste with garlic
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 4 lime wedges, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, 1?4 cup water, soy sauce, vinegar, chile paste and sugar in large bowl; whisk until blended. If sauce seems too thick, thin it with a little water; it should have the consistency of cream.
- Add linguine, bell pepper, cucumber and green onions, and toss well. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.