These are my new favorite cookie! I made them a couple times for our Christmas get-togethers this year and everybody loved them!
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch process)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
* 1 cup light brown sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
3. Form the dough into balls (each equal to 1 level tablespoon). Roll the balls in the confectioners’ sugar and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake until the cookies are firm and the tops crack, 13 to 15 minutes.
4. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.